Guest Book

Monday, July 20, 2009

Do You Consider Yourself To Be An Effective Manager?

The role of a manager can never be undermined. Besides contributing to the overall organizational goals, an effective manager must also work towards managing an energized and motivated team.

If you are wondering just how effective you are in doing so, you might want to ask your team how they would rate you on a scale of 1-10 a a manager.

Alternately, you can ask yourself the following questions

  • Am I able to give my 100% to my job everyday?

  • When was the last time I was praised for my performance?

  • Can my team come up to me and ask questions and advice whenever in doubt?

  • Am I doing everything I can to succeed?

  • Do I have someone to look up to for motivation?

  • Am I contributing effectively to the organization's overall goals.

  • Am I growing professionally?

  • Do I know what I want to do and where I want to be 5 years from now?

No comments: